The Ayurvedic Press
108 Sanskrit Flashcards with CD
Learn the Sanskrit Alphabet
These flashcards have been designed for those who want to correctly read, pronounce and alphabetize letters and words in the Devanaagari script of Sanskrit. The ability to read the original script is essential for correct pronunciation.
114 Cards, Booklet and CD
- More Info
- About the Authors
"... should, without doubt, be in the yoga library of every teacher and serious student."– Yoga Journal Review February 2005 issue
There are 108 colored flashcards and 6 cream cards that surround them, containing reference information.
- All cards show the Devanaagari on the front and transliteration on the back, including all card numbers.
- Reference cards (white) include an introductory verse, a mouth position diagram, the alphabet, vowel abbreviations, digits 0-9 and Vedic accent marks.
- Professionally printed on color coded recycled 80# cardstock cut to 3x4 inches
- 2 different sort orders - progressive and alphabetic (for dictionary practice)
- Includes all non-obvious unique ligatures and letter variations
- Sanskrit example on almost every card
- Position of the letters in the alphabet is shown graphically on every card
- How to write each character, showing arrowed lines numbered for stroke order
Compact Disc Features
- Chant to Ganesha
- Chant to the Heart
- Vowels and Special Letters
- Consonant/Vowel combinations
- Compound Consonants
- Alphabet - Guided chant
- Alphabet - Chanted continuously
To promote correct pronunciation only Sanskrit examples are pronounced.
All sounds and examples are repeated twice with space for the student to pronounce. This gives a total of 4 sound impressions per card.
Nicolai Bachman, MA, MS,
Nicolai Bachman, MA, MS, has been teaching Sanskrit and related topics since 1994. He has studied extensively at the American Sanskrit Institute, the Ayurvedic Institute, the American Institute of Vedic Studies and the Vedic Chant Center. He is the author of The Language of Yoga, The Language of Ayurveda, and Vedic Astrological Terminology. Nicolai currently teaches Sanskrit, Chanting, Yoga Philosophy and Ayurveda locally and nationally wherever there are eager and interested students. He is registered with Yoga Alliance at the 500-hour level.