“Vision is food for the eyes. Sound is food for the ears. Touch is food for the skin. Taste is food for the tongue.”
~ Vasant Lad, MASc
Spend a week with Vasant Lad, BAM&S, MASc learning the subtle sense therapies of Ayurveda. Awaken your relationship with your senses and learn to balance them in a way that expands your awareness. The five senses are vital to our ability to understand and interact with our surroundings. These experiences leave physical, mental and emotional impressions that shape who we are and who we become. The flow of prāna unites the senses into a cogent whole. Learn how the mind digests and is nourished by our sensory perceptions.
Ayurvedic Tanmatra Chikitsa are therapies used to target the five senses and transform the internal landscape of the body, mind and spirit.
- Shabda (sound/word): Explore the primordial cosmic sound of creation as well as mantras for healing.
- Sparsha (touch): Discover the spiritual value of touch; learn and practice healing touch in the forms of polarity therapy and energy point (marma) therapy.
- Rupa (form): Learn the yantras (geometrical shapes) that enhance learning, memorization and healing as well as the methods of color therapy.
- Rasa (taste): Using taste learn how to balance the deep tissues of the body as well as the mind and emotions.
- Ghanda (smell): Experience the profound therapeutic changes that can occur with the application of aromatherapy.
Special Gift to Each Attendee
Vasant Lad will determine your Prakruti Sound™ using a formula known by ancient Vedic and Hindu scholars. When you know your Prakruti Sound and you say and feel that sound, the DNA molecules recognize it and create balance in your prakruti dosha. In meditation and as a mantra, you can bring about perfect balance and harmony in your body, mind, and consciousness. Your Prakruti Sound can bring happiness, bliss, and enlightenment into your life.
What feeds our senses truly feeds our whole being. Join us to learn practical yet profound practices for nourishing yourself, your clients, family, and community with Tanmatra Chikitsa, the subtle sense therapies of Ayurveda.
“Vasant Lad’s teachings and energy made me aware of my own inner heart.” ~ Dario
Intensive Class Schedule, Mountain Daylight Time
Friday 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday – Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
$805.50 Members, seniors, graduates
$895 Standard enrollment
Or you register by calling our office at (505) 291-9698 and then press "0" to talk to our staff. Payment in full is due at time of enrollment.
This program is approved by NAMA for PACE credits – 18 credits for Ayurvedic Health Counselors and 38 for Ayurvedic Practitioners/Ayurvedic Doctors.