200 Hour Ayuryoga® Instructor Certification
Study Ayurvedically-based yoga therapy as created by Vasant Lad, MASc. This training embraces a therapeutic synergy between Ayurveda and Hatha Yoga. Ayuryoga will enable you to understand how to teach and create basic yoga protocols based upon the doshas and sub-doshas, agni (bodily fire) and dhatus (bodily tissues), using the yoga methods of pranayama, asana, mudra, and meditation to bring healing to the mind, body and soul.
With the philosophical pillars of both yoga and Ayurveda, you will integrate practical and theoretical methods to work with both body and mind. Additionally, your Ayurvedic understanding of digestion, nutrition, dinacharya (daily routine), and rutacharya (seasonal routine) gives you the knowledge base to create basic lifestyle recommendations.
For the Ayurvedic practitioner, this therapeutic training is an additional resource to offer clients, both privately and in classroom settings.
The Ayuryoga Instructor Training runs concurrently with the Ayurvedic Studies Programs 1 and 2 school year. Over the course of eight weekend trainings, students will have dedicated practice time to lead classes as well as dedicated clinical experience with using Ayuryoga as a clinical tool.
As a certified Ayuryoga Instructor you can:
- Teach pranayama, Surya and Chandra Namaskar, So Hum and Empty Bowl meditation
- Teach basic Ayuryoga asanas while using hands on techniques for proper alignment and safety
- Lead Ayuryoga group classes based on doshic and seasonal principles
- Create individualized Ayuryoga programs to balance prakruti, vikruti, and agni
- Incorporate and understand how season and time of day are important considerations in Ayuryoga design
- Offer Ayurvedic lifestyle (dinacharya) recommendations to support clients to bring harmony and balance to the doshas
- Evaluate the role and importance of sub-doshas and dhatus within Ayuryoga to create Ayuryoga protocols to balance prakruti and vikruti
Learn the art of healing through yoga therapy.
- Program runs concurrently with Ayurveda Studies Programs 1 & 2.
- Open to currently enrolled ASP 1 & 2 students and graduates from year 2016 onward.
- We recommend at least a one year personal practice.
- Yoga Alliance approved.
- $1,800 investment.
For more information or to request an application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.