At the Ayurvedic Institute
Our Panchakarma Program
Our five-day program, Monday through Friday, is custom-tailored to your current state of health, wellness and constitutional imbalances. The following are included in the basic panchakarma fee. (Refer to the Panchakarma Fee Schedule for details.)
- An orientation on Sunday evening before your program begins on Monday.
- A complete Ayurvedic assessment including a pulse evaluation.
- A customized herbal protocol.
- Daily Ayurvedic treatments of approximately two hours consisting of: Abhyanga (a two-person synchronized oil massage), Swedana (individual herbalized sweat therapy), Shirodhara (pouring of warm oil to the forehead), Udhulana (herbalized dusting of the body).
- One chromo (color) therapy session.
- Special Ayuryoga® classes that assist in eliminating toxins and doshas, and have a therapeutic and restorative effect on the system.
- Daily check-ins with your Panchakarma Consultant throughout the week to monitor your cleansing process
- A special therapeutic diet of kitchari and herbal teas provided daily. All of the food and tea served is 100% organic.
- Lifestyle and diet recommendations specific to each individual.
- Free attendance of Ayurvedic education classes with Vasant Lad, Monday-Thursday, 6-9 PM when the Ayurvedic Studies Program is in session, or by his advanced students when Vasant Lad is not available.
- A supportive environment that provides space for true contemplation and self-healing.
- Recommendations for herbal rasayanas (rejuvenatives) for you to take after panchakarma.
- Post-panchakarma health and wellness program for healthy diet, exercise and lifestyle practices.
The Benefits of Panchakarma
Panchakarma (five actions) is a cleansing and rejuvenating program for the body, mind and consciousness. It is known for its beneficial effects on overall health, wellness and self-healing. You can benefit in the following ways:
- Eliminate toxins and toxic conditions from your body and mind.
- Restore your constitutional balance improving health and wellness.
- Strengthen your immune system and become more resistant to illness.
- Reverse the negative effects of stress on your body and mind.
- Slow the aging process.
- Enhance your self-reliance, strength, energy, vitality and mental clarity.
- Bring about deep relaxation and a sense of well-being.
- Reduce dependence on drugs and medicine.
- Implement positive lifestyle changes.
There are additional charges for the following:
(Refer to the Panchakarma Fee Schedule for details.)
- Optional private yoga sessions.
- Additional subtle therapy treatments that may be prescribed.
- Comfortable housing nearby conducive to a healing, quiet and supportive environment.
Panchakarma is an effective and powerful self-healing process. Clients report significant improvements in their health, wellness and vitality. You too can experience these benefits. Contact the Ayurvedic Institute to get more information or to set your appointment soon. (505) 291-9698, Extension 114.
Yoga Journal magazine published an article about panchakarma in its August 2007 issue called "From Here to Serenity" by Pamela Miles. It includes some information about PK at The Ayurvedic Institute. Enjoy!