Food is Consciousness
Below is full lecture outline (Friday lectures are just an Introduction)
A perennial favorite at The Ayurvedic Institute. The menu is:
- A quick and easy-to-make dish of savory poha (flattened rice) and spicy Indian chai
- Nourishing kitchari and sambar soup
- Gingery cauliflower and potato
- Refreshing yogurt raita and cooling coconut chutney
- Fresh chapatti with tips on how to make wheat digestible
- For desert, a warm bowl of roasted vermicelli khir, a sweet saffron-infused pudding
During this weekend at the Ayurvedic Institute, we transform our classroom into an Indian kitchen! Learn first-hand from Usha and Vasant Lad how to prepare all of the delicious dishes above using proper ingredients and techniques … then enjoy a flavorful feast with your classmates.
Vasant Lad will teach you the foundations of Ayurvedic nutrition so you can create your own individualized diet, using the ingredients and spices that are best for your constitution. Discover the basic principles of Ayurvedic food combining, the medicinal properties of spices, vegetables and other ingredients, and the subtle energies that affect digestion, like seasons, time of day, and the environment.
Jump right in! Join your classmates in preparing flavorful and exotic yet accessible Indian dishes with Usha and Vasant Lad.