Good Food, Good Mood! Ayurvedic Cooking for Health, Happiness and Spiritual Growth
Below is full lecture outline (Friday lectures are just an Introduction)
A perennial favorite at The Ayurvedic Institute. The menu is:
- Savory poha (flattened rice) and spicy Indian chai
- Comforting mung dal and rice
- Kitchari and rich sambar soup
- Gingery cauliflower and potato subji
- Refreshing yogurt raita and cooling coconut chutney
- Fresh whole-wheat chapatti bread
- For desert, a warm bowl of roasted vermicelli khir, a sweet saffron-infused pudding
During this weekend at the Ayurvedic Institute, we transform our classroom into an Indian kitchen! Learn first-hand from Usha and Vasant Lad how to prepare all of the delicious dishes above using proper ingredients and techniques… then enjoy a flavorful feast with your classmates.
In addition to a delicious day of hands-on cooking demonstrations, this weekend provides a thorough introduction to Ayurvedic nutrition from Vasant Lad, BAM&S, MASc. Understand the five elements and six tastes inherent in all food. Learn how to create an appropriate and individualized diet using the ingredients and spices that are best for you. Gain an appreciation for the subtle energies that affect digestion, like seasons, time of day and environment, and more. Leave us ready to transform your kitchen and your life by creating good mood through good food!